Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday 31 March 2018

❤️ Two New Members Of My Household

I am so excited! I’ve finally found Cyra a husbunny! Rabbits should not be kept single. Rabbits naturally live in large groups.

I had a lot of trouble adopting Cyra. As there are no more rabbit rescues in London, I had to rely on Gumtree.

Needless to say I was let down a million times. Cyra’s previous owners, were trying to sell her as a dwarf breed... well they used the correct terms in the advert, mini lop, but used photos of her as a tiny baby. Which lead me to believe she was a dwarf lop. 

She’s certainly a big girl now. 

They had clearly kept her shut in her cage, and she was growing too big for it. Having re-wired my Sky TV and the WiFi cable several times (I’m hoping now I’ve sufficiently rabbit proofed it), I’m well aware of the destruction a bored bunny can cause.

So, she was kept in her cage. That was becoming far too small for her, and clearly was damp most of the time as the poor little thing had very sore ears when she first came.

She now has her cage and an indoor run. She’s only shut in the cage when I sleep. She’s always with me, and allowed out in the front room and in the garden (supervised).

She was clearly fed crisps, takeaway and cola. She loves her fruit and veggies now.

But she’s getting to the stage where she needs to be out in the garden during the day. And I didn’t want her to be alone.

So I contacted Jenny, who clearly had special needs (learning difficulty) in Wimbledon. I’m naming and shaming the bitch because of the following information she told me when I spoke to her.

She’s so dumb she let one of the rabbit’s own son do it with the mother, and was over run with babies. She was so desperate to get rid of them, she was doing two for a fiver. I said I’d love to see if Cyra would bond and would happily pay £30 for the right rabbit.

She was well aware I had a rabbit, so knew I wasn’t taking one rabbit to be alone. She mentioned I could see if she bonded with the older male. I said I didn’t mind.

She then disclosed she was going to take them all to some nasty rabbit research place, which clearly does cruel testing on animals.

I told her of the lovely life Cyra has, and my plans to relocate to Devon. 

When I texted her a little later, she suddenly said all of the rabbits where gone. 

She’s clearly an evil bitch. And the poor things are probably being abused and tested on.

So... I found one last advert. Two boy rabbits. They were the most expensive on Gumtree and miles away from me. 

They had been neutered, which was good... but I didn’t really want two.

 Not wanting Cyra to be alone, I gave it on last try.

So I wrote the long text message, saying I wanted a bunny date, how well I treat my pets. I don’t have kids so they’re my babies. But I would need to bring Cyra over first to make sure they didn’t fight.

And... thankfully..., she said yes!!!!

So Cyra had a bunny date today. With two boy bunnies... and it went great. 

She was scared, I think she thought I was abandoning her. But the two boys were lovely and friendly, and even washed her. 

I’ve bonded twice before, and this was the best ever.

So welcome Ronnie and Reggie







Their owner saw them at Pets At Home, who are fuckers with animals. Apparently they were the only two babies left (black and black and white bunnies are less popular, plus Ron has one sticky up ear and one lop). So even though they had bonded Pets At Home had separated the two babies. So this lovey lady took them both. I can’t believe how fucking awful PAH are to separate two babies who had not only bonded, but where the only two left from a litter! Makes me furious!!

She was told by PAH to feed the muesli, which is one of the worst things you can feed a rabbit. And carrots. Just fucking carrots!!! Like what the fuck! Carrots are a treat. Rabbits need dark greens and plenty of them. A little bit of fruit, sweet corn or carrot as a treat. 

Unfortunately her dogs (also rescue) are allergic to the rabbits and it meant either the rabbits or the dogs had to be alone. 

They are gorgeous. Both friendly as anything (apparently Ronnie isn’t normally friendly with anyone but her). They both came and groomed Licky, although she was a little scared it went amazing.

So tomorrow, I’m going to get them! She’s also giving me a lot of food, treats, hay, etc. 

She had reduced the price from £120 to £100, but I said I would pay £120 as I paid £60 for Cyra and she wasn’t neutered.

I’ve also just bought this massive outside run for them.

I can’t wait to bond them. There’s nothing nicer than seeing bunnies snuggled up together.

And all three of them did have a little snuggle today, although Cyra was kinda boxed in, but she seemed ok.

This lady really cares about her pets, and she’s so glad she found me. She said I clearly know about rabbits from what I had messaged her. And she knows they’ll have a lovely life.

And I’m so happy, that Cy Won’t be on her own and lonely. She’s far too much of a nice rabbit to be alone.

I’m so excited and will probably keep in touch with their owner, as we have a LOT in common.









No comments:

Post a Comment